Friday, August 22, 2008

Been feeling a little "blah" lately

Yesterday would have been my husband's 48th birthday----it doesn't seem possible that 13 years has gone by without him here, already. It's strange. Our son is 14 now and taller than I...his voice is deepening and he's achieved SO much and overcome so much and.....I just hope Kevin knows all about these things and can see them from wherever he is.

I'm working on some new stuff. I'll be the featured Designer at Designs in Digital in December---however, there will be a lot going on that month at DID as well. So--my dilema is this: how do I stand out, even just a little, from everything else that will be happening? It has been so hard to get any kind of a following. I was not given a "coming out party" (so to speak) as a designer--and trying to get "known" has been very difficult. I'm a bit frustrated as a result.
So, let me ask YOU--what would YOU like to see from me in the month of December? What would YOU suggest?!?? I'd like to steer away from a lot of hybrid projects--and will likely have to stick to a certain color theme. I had begun a vintage theme kit, being a very traditional Christmas kind a gal--but have had to change it to something a bit different. I collect old time Santa's--so the theme is now set around them and the word "BELIEVE" with the colors being dark reds, darks greens, dark purples and dark golds (not the bright brassy gold) I've begun to draw pine boughs, and trees which I think you're gonna LOVE! And some fabulous hand drawn garlands too--among other treats :) Did I mention that Christmas is my fave time of year? It's the ONE holiday where the kids and I go all out--more than half my attic is nothing BUT Christmas decorations!
At any rate--please leave me your ideas, I could use the help!! For your trouble, I'll make you something extra special too! (As a gift, of course!)

No comments: